Anise is a fruit of the Magnoliaceae, anise genus. Its nature is pungent and warm, and it belongs to the liver, kidney, spleen, and stomach meridians. So what are the functions and functions of star anise?
Ⅰ. Star anise can act as a spice
The conventional use of star anise is to act as a spice, and it is widely used in the food processing industry such as meat products, condiments, soft drinks, cold drinks, candies, cakes, and baked goods. When cooking, adding some star anise can increase the fragrance, and adding some star anise when pickling food can also play a role in removing fishy smell and incense, and it can also be directly processed into five-spice seasoning powder.
Ⅱ. The medicinal value of star anise
1. Warm Yang and dispel cold. Due to the mild nature of star anise, most people can eat it. It has the functions of expelling cold, relieving pain, and strengthening the spleen. Many diseases such as constipation and abdominal pain can eat some star anise.
2. Regulate Qi and relieve pain. Star anise is pungent and warm, which can warm the middle, dispel cold and relieve pain, and at the same time relieve the qi of the spleen, stomach and liver. As the saying goes, "No pain in general", warming yang and dispelling cold to promote the circulation of qi and blood have a good therapeutic effect on pain caused by coldness and qi stagnation. As usual, it can be used to treat testicular swelling and pain caused by liver qi stagnation, and abdominal distension and pain caused by chills and qi stagnation.
3. Antibacterial. The alcohol extract of star anise can inhibit Staphylococcus aureus, pneumococcus and diphtheria bacillus, Escherichia coli, typhoid and paratyphoid bacillus, dysentery bacillus in test tube, and also has a certain inhibitory effect on fungi.
4. Promote gastrointestinal motility. The main ingredient of star anise is fennel oil, which can stimulate the gastrointestinal nerves and blood vessels, promote the secretion of digestive juice, increase gastrointestinal motility, and has the effect of strengthening the stomach and qi, helping to relieve spasm and pain.
5. Increase white blood cells. Anisene can promote the maturation of bone marrow cells and release them into the peripheral blood, which can significantly increase white blood cells, mainly neutrophils, and can be used for leukopenia.
Ⅲ. Star anise can act as an industrial raw material
The peel, seeds and leaves of star anise contain aromatic oil, which is an important raw material for the manufacture of cosmetics, sweet wine, beer and food industries. It is widely used in chemical, medical and other fields, such as flavoring agent and insect repellant for cigarettes, soap, mouthwash, toothpaste and other daily chemical products.
What Are the Effects of Reishi Powder?September 30, 20221. About reishi powderThe main components of reishi powder are Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharide, Ganoderma lucidum acid, adenosine and more than 10 kinds of alkali, oleic acid, cellulose, amino acid, ...view
ACE Added A New Dryer For Herbal ExtractJune 13, 2022Innovation and optimization for manufacturing are always in our heart at ACE Biotechnology. Today we are adding a new drying machine (low heating & high efficacy) to strengthen our capacity. Just ...view
Nutritional Value of Reishi ExtractDecember 1, 2022Many people may know that Ganoderma lucidum is a Chinese herbal medicine with very high nutritional value, so they want to buy reishi extract to improve their body immunity, so what health value does ...view
The Efficacy and Role of Fennel PowderJuly 27, 2022Ⅰ. About fennel powderFennel powder, as the name suggests, is a powder made of fennel. Fennel powder has a wide range of uses. We can not only use fennel powder for food, but also use fennel powder f...view
What is the effect of pomegranate extract?February 28, 2023Understanding pomegranate extractIn the autumn of every year, it is the season when pomegranates are ripe. They are popular among many people because they are rich in nutritional elements that can mee...view
Pomegranate Extract and Skin HealthJune 25, 2023Pomegranate extract has gained popularity in recent years due to its potential health benefits. Among its various uses, pomegranate extract has shown promising effects on skin health. This article exp...view