1. Citrus extract is a popular addition to baked goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, and muffins. It can be used to infuse the batter or dough with the bright and tangy flavors of citrus fruits like orange, lemon, or lime.
2. Citrus extract can be used to enhance the flavor of a wide range of beverages. It can be added to cocktails, mocktails, smoothies, iced teas, infused waters, or even hot beverages like tea or coffee. Citrus extract can provide a refreshing and zesty twist to the drinks.
3. Citrus extract can be incorporated into sauces and dressings to give them a tangy and vibrant flavor. It works well in vinaigrettes, marinades, citrus-based glazes for meats or seafood, and even in creamy sauces like lemon butter sauce.
4. Adding a few drops of citrus extract to fruit salads or fruit-based desserts can help enhance the natural flavors of the fruits. Whether it's a simple citrus-infused syrup drizzled over a fruit salad or added to a fruit compote or sorbet, citrus extract can elevate the overall taste.
5. The bright flavor of citrus extract can be incorporated into creamy desserts like puddings, custards, or pastry creams. It adds a delightful citrusy twist that balances the richness of the desserts.
6. Citrus extract can also be used in homemade seasonings, rubs, or spice blends. It can add a citrusy kick to savory dishes like grilled meats, roasted vegetables, or stir-fries.